Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My windows 8.1 OS, a storm chasers dream come true!

After years of running on the operating system of windows 7, I have decided to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I am unfortunately one of the few people to upgrade to windows 8.1, given most have decided to stay away because of the awkward start screen and metro interface that was meant for tablets only. The fact that there is a clumsy navigation between the desktop and metro interface, bugs others. It doesn't bother me at all. The first feature that I absolutely love about Windows 8.1 is that you can add
a start is back feature to allow for a start menu on your desktop. There is also a feature called Areo Glass for Windows 8.1 that you can install on your computer if you want to.

Windows 8.1 Desktop With StartIsBack
There also is a ton of customization features that you can try out on your start screen, I have made mine into a weather centre using all of the best weather apps out there. It is going to be perfect for when our severe weather season arrives. The only thing about the windows store is that there are not a lot of weather apps to run from the Windows Store. I hope that will change in the future, with the integration of windows 10. I myself might create an app to send to the app store for SouthMBWeather would you like that?
 
Windows 8.1 Start Screen



Also the Accuweather App is by far the best and will be for storm tracking, the ultimate weather app in windows 8.1! Featuring a Minute cast and monthly weather outlook. Live Tile for Weather Conditions and the outlook ahead. Wonder how I'm gonna feel running a top notch weather centre at the time summer rolls around. Trust me you'll want this, it's better than that of Windows 7 and Accuweather radar online. It's full screen!
 
Accuweather For Windows 8.1
Alongside WeatherBug is the next best weatherapp to use, storm chasers would love the features of this OS! Even though there is not a lot of Canadian features such as Enviroment Canada Radar with this. It still notifies you to weather outlooks like it will storm today, foggy today along with a bunch of others. It still might be of good use for my American Storm chasers. If there is anyone that views my site from the states. The forecasts from Weather Bug are ok I guess, but lacking the features for Canadian regions.


WeatherBug Notifications

WeatherBug for Windows 8.1

Overall I'm rating windows 8.1 a 4/5 ****/***** for weather features and productivity. I am hands down fine with the transition between desktop and start screen. As long as I can get things done without issue. If anybody has complaints about why it is such a bad operating system, please don't bother wasting your time with it there if you haven't even tried it out yet. Your mind will change once you give it a try. If you feel like you want to keep Windows 7, go ahead! I'm just saying that the support from them has ended with the release of Windows 10 in summer.
Another post is on the way tomorrow about some concerns going on about the Yellowstone supervolcano, and severe summer weather concerns for our future ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's for commenting on the blog, I appreciate it...

Featured Post

Showers and Thunderstorms Possible On Saturday, calmer weather to follow

Hello Manitobans This is another weather blog update for your weekend weather, We may have an interesting weekend ahead for weather southern...